Home > Strange Encounter > I’ve Seen A UFO

I’ve Seen A UFO

January 15th, 2013 Leave a comment Go to comments

That’s right.  I’ll come right on out and say it.  I once saw a UFO.

It happened about fifteen years ago.  I was in my backyard looking up at the stars through my 12″ Dobosian telescope, checking out the sights, when I stepped back, looked up, and saw a white pinpoint of light slowly arcing its way across the heavens directly above me.  At first I thought it was no big deal.  Most likely a satellite.  But then a strange thing happened; it immediately turned 90° and took off at an incredible speed and disappeared over the horizon in roughly three seconds.

The very first thing out of my mouth was, “Wow, that was unusual.”

This was, of course, an understatement.

I’ve never seen anything like that before or since.

theColorOutOfSpace

I can’t tell you what I saw, but I can tell you that if this wasn’t a God’s honest UFO, then that pilot must have been turned into mush at that point of instant acceleration.  There was no “getting up to speed” with that thing.  At first it looked like any other satellite, but in the blink of an eye it took off at speeds that are impossible for any technology that I personally know of.

That’s my story, and I’m stickin’ to it.

*Whew!*  It’s good to get that off my chest!  Heh…

Categories: Strange Encounter Tags:
  1. January 15th, 2013 at 02:10 | #1

I’m not arguing with you… I know there are things up there that we don’t normally see. I have a very open mind, you know.

2. January 15th, 2013 at 06:00 | #2

That was Tinkerbell. She’s widely rumored to be using performance enhancing drugs she got from Lance Armstrong.

3. January 15th, 2013 at 08:16 | #3

OMG…how COOL is that!

Yes, I do believe in UFO’s and have always had this secret desire to see one!

Have you ever watched the movie, “Chariots Of The Gods?” Faaaaabulous documentary about extraterrestrials.

Thanks for sharing, buddy!

4. January 15th, 2013 at 12:09 | #4

I saw a grouping of lights over the horizon in Florida two years ago. The number of them changed, the grouping changed — and then they darted off…

I was utterly sober at the time, and I think about it often.

Pearl

5. January 15th, 2013 at 18:38 | #5

It’s interesting to note that nearly every star plays host to an average of nearly two planets. Some more, some less. Makes the idea of intelligent life that much more believable!

6. January 15th, 2013 at 18:40 | #6

Heh….Yeah, I can totally see that now in hindsight. Where were you when I first saw that? You could have instantly put my mind at ease! ;-)

7. January 15th, 2013 at 18:41 | #7

OMG…how COOL is that!

Yes, I do believe in UFO’s and have always had this secret desire to see one!

Thanks for sharing, buddy!

I did see that film, albeit many year ago. I’m digging the Ancient Aliens TV show, but more for its entertainment value. I’m a believer, but not a dolt. :-)

8. January 15th, 2013 at 18:42 | #8

Pearl :

I was utterly sober at the time, and I think about it often.

Pearl

Ah ha! So it’s *not* just me! Whelp, at least I’m in good company :-)

January 15th, 2013 at 20:05 | #9

Any time I see something strange, I put it down to spots in my eyes (of which I have many) or a trick of perspective or light, such as reflections from water, or thinking I see something far away when it’s really closer. Maybe I’ve been seeing UFOs for years and dismissing them when I shouldn’t :)

10. January 16th, 2013 at 02:12 | #10

I have an open mind on this – and many other matters. Could be my Libran ‘can’t-make-a-decision-to-save-my-life’ personality, or genuine open-mindedness, I can’t make up my mind on that.

I’ve seen a few strange things. I can’t always explain them. We live near to military bases. The universe is huge and weird.

Have a drawn a conclusion? Not really. I’m a Libran, remember? ;)

11. January 16th, 2013 at 18:47 | #11

I have an open mind but unlike Ron I don’t want to run into one. It would scare the crap out of me.

12. January 16th, 2013 at 19:10 | #12

I’m aware of eye floaters. I have ‘em. But there was no mistaking that steady, unblinking light in the sky, and the way it quickly disappeared. It was truly bizarre…

13. January 16th, 2013 at 19:11 | #13

Jay from The Depp Effect :

Have a drawn a conclusion? Not really. I’m a Libran, remember? ;)

That’s alright. As a Libran, you’re entitled to your non-conclusion. Heh! :-)

14. January 16th, 2013 at 19:12 | #14

Jen :

To run into a giant, pulsing, squishy mind. Just hanging out on the corner. Smoking a cigarette. Begging for change. Heh, yeah, I’d hate to run into one of those….