Home > Music > Baby Huey

Baby Huey

February 5th, 2013 Leave a comment Go to comments

I’ve been grooving to this song for some time now, and have always thought that it would feel right at home in a Tarantino movie.  Quentin, you listening?  Come on man, give Baby Huey some love. If generations of hip hop pioneers find Baby Huey influential enough to sample, then I’m sure the rest of America would dig his vibe.

And a quick “heads up”! The wife’s parents are in town, which means a disturbance in the force disruption to postings over here at Terrible Analogies. We’ll be going dark here for the next few days, but I’ll update as time permits.

Categories: Music Tags:
  1. February 5th, 2013 at 05:35 | #1

That was a good time to be a trumpet player, during the big brass scare of 1970. Everyone from the Doors to Janis Joplin, to Stephen Stills got on board the backing trumpets train. But you know what? I still love that Memphis sound.

2. February 5th, 2013 at 07:30 | #2

Yes…I can TOTALLY see this in a Tarantino film!

GREAT song!!!!!

*I’m jamming here*

Have an awesome time with your in laws. We’ll be here when you get back, buddy!

February 5th, 2013 at 09:11 | #3

Enjoy the visit, and get your wife out for an evening sans offspring :)

4. February 5th, 2013 at 19:56 | #4

Enjoy the visit, and get your wife out for an evening sans offspring :)

You can bet that I’ll do just that! :-)

5. February 5th, 2013 at 19:58 | #5

“The big brass scare”…sounds like an idea for a story. Might I purloin it?

6. February 5th, 2013 at 19:59 | #6

Yes…I can TOTALLY see this in a Tarantino film!

GREAT song!!!!!

*I’m jamming here*

Have an awesome time with your in laws. We’ll be here when you get back, buddy!

Will have to hook you up with a couple more of his tunes. Guy had a great vibe going. Shame he had to OD…

7. February 6th, 2013 at 12:09 | #7

Dude, that screams Tarentino!

Enjoy the in-laws!

8. February 6th, 2013 at 18:21 | #8

disturbance in the force! priceless
    have a good visit

9. February 9th, 2013 at 09:57 | #9

Oh dear…that means we will be ships passing in the night. May your disturbances be minor. I will be on the lookout for updates.