Home > Electronics > Weekend Project

Weekend Project

February 1st, 2013 Leave a comment Go to comments

Nothing says happiness quite like a fresh supply of electronic components  ;-)

This weekend I plan to make a new light toy for Tyler.  The current one he has is a simple circuit housed in one of those acorn-size plastic containers you get out of 25¢ bubblegum machines.  Its sole job is to to serve as a light detector and slowly power on a bright led.

WooHoo!  My electronics finally arrived!

The new one I want to make him will do that, but will also include some button functionality that will trigger multicolored led light shows and perhaps a recordable voice chip.  It’ll all fit in a slightly larger clear plastic container the size of a small plum.

So it’ll be that and the Superbowl this weekend that’s going to occupy my time.  Seeing as how my Chargers didn’t even manage to make the playoffs (again) this year, I’m going to have to root for the California team.  Who wants to bet against me?  I’ve got a quarter says the 49ers take the win!

Yeah, I’m not a big gambler.  A quarter is all you’re gonna get outta me.  Heh…

Have a great weekend!

Categories: Electronics Tags: ,
  1. February 1st, 2013 at 05:53 | #1

I don’t even know who’s in it, so I am useless for betting except for this: I bet you’re the best daddy that Tyler could ever have. :-)

2. February 1st, 2013 at 08:17 | #2

Agree with Fireblossom, you’re a great dad…. except I haven’t a clue what a light detector is, especially one with a button functionality that will trigger multicolored led light shows and perhaps a recordable voice chip. Woweeee, you are CLEVER.

3. February 1st, 2013 at 08:50 | #3

Ditto Fireblossom and Valerie!

You’re such a great dad!

“The new one I want to make him will do that, but will also include some button functionality that will trigger multicolored led light shows and perhaps a recordable voice chip. It’ll all fit in a slightly larger clear plastic container the size of a small plum.”

Sounds AMAZING! Be sure to show us photos when you’re done, okay? I really would enjoy seeing it!

Have a SUPER bowl weekend, buddy!

February 1st, 2013 at 13:12 | #4

A QUARTER? Are you nuts? That’s twenty-five times as much as I bet even when I’m sure I’m right :)

Very cool, being able to make stuff like that for your little guy.

5. February 2nd, 2013 at 08:32 | #5

how cool are you!?
    I can hear Tyler telling his friends one day – “My Dad made all this cool stuff”
    except cool will not be a hip word by then
    just as hip isn’t hip anymore :)

enjoy the game
    I will be celebrating the 45th Anniversary of my Jets not making it

6. February 5th, 2013 at 08:30 | #6

Wow, what a great project – and I can just see that in the future, you guys are going to be making stuff together!!