Home > video > Uplifting Friday

Uplifting Friday

August 30th, 2013 Leave a comment Go to comments

Okay, enough of the disturbing Russian dashcam videos.  How about uplifting Russian dashcams?  Seems to be a good way to ring in a Friday!

It’s good to know that there are still some good people left in this world who think of others, and not only of themselves.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I’ll be busy relaxing this Labor Day, but will return tanned, rested, and ready on Tuesday. Hope everyone manages to catch up on their sleep over these next three days. And if you’re located outside the U.S., I’ll be tipping back a glass of Pale Ale in your honor. :-)

Categories: video Tags:
  1. August 30th, 2013 at 06:57 | #1

The big-hearted Russian bear! Near the end, was the lady who kissed the man the tower or the towee?

2. August 30th, 2013 at 07:59 | #2

Okay, this brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful tears.

I can’t thank you enough for sharing this AWESOME video clip, buddy. It made me see that, yes, there is GOODNESS in the world!

Again, thank you. In fact, I may stop back later this weekend and watch it again.

Have a super holiday weekend!!!!!

Cheers!

3. Valerie
    Valerie
    August 30th, 2013 at 08:57 | #3

There are some kind people around. Thank goodness someone videod a few incidents because we mainly only hear the bad things. Thanks for sharing this. Enjoy your weekend.

August 30th, 2013 at 09:19 | #4

Uplifting is definitely the right word for this!

Did you notice that all the helpers took the hand of the person they were helping? It really struck me as so uniform, so standard that I wonder if these dashboard cameras are only capturing a fragment of what is a commonplace occurrence there. Taking someone’s hand seems like such a personal and caring gesture; what are the chances that all these people did this the same way, unless it’s something they grew up seeing done often?

Thanks for sharing this, and have a great weekend! It’s a holiday in Canada, too :)

5. August 31st, 2013 at 08:50 | #5

Sweet! Why was there a baby wandering across the road though?? Hmm…

Hope you and yours are enjoying a nice weekend!

6. August 31st, 2013 at 12:01 | #6

So beautiful, and such sweet music. You brought my first heart swell of the day, so thank you very much. :-)

7. August 31st, 2013 at 18:54 | #7

Who can get enough of videos like that one?! The one where the guy on crutches received a lift, the one where the dude removed snow from the brake lights and the one where the guy helped the bird (or duck or whatever….my appointment with the vision doctor is long overdue…pardon my sketchy perceptions on that one) are among the standouts that took it home for me. I too second Mary’s curiosity about that wondering baby.

Love the music too though, and wonder if I just learned some Russian…is that last word “Hero” at the end of the video? Not a question, of course, as I’m not assuming that you speak some Russian. If you do happen to know though, do tell if I’m correct or if I’m wrong. Some Spanish, very little French and even slighter Italian are the only foreign languages that I’ve picked up over the years.

8. August 31st, 2013 at 20:12 | #8

The one with the toddler toddling in the middle of the road was a heart-stopper. What a great bunch of “positive” to end my day with. Thank you! I hope you have/had a wonderful weekend. I’ve sure got some catching up to do…