Home > Camping > Camping

Camping

January 14th, 2014 Leave a comment Go to comments

The camping trip to Anza Borrego this past weekend was a success.  This was Tyler’s first camping experience, and he handled it like a champ.  And his favorite part of the trip?  Roasted marshmallows, or course.

Not only did he help set up the camp, but he was key in tearing it down as well, and only one of us left with a sunburned face. And it’s great to know that Tyler can’t wait to go camping again. That’s my boy! :-)

CampingTyler1

TylerCamping2

TylerCamping3

Categories: Camping Tags: ,
  1. January 14th, 2014 at 04:09 | #1

Lovely pictures, Herman. It’s good that you started Tyler off at a young age. He’ll grow to love camping even more as he gets older.

2. January 14th, 2014 at 04:22 | #2

I remember those days with fondness, though rather than camping it was hiking in the mountains my son loved. Cherish it; they grow up very fast. I’m only hoping my legs hold up until grandkids come along.

3. January 14th, 2014 at 07:34 | #3

‘”The camping trip to Anza Borrego this past weekend was a success. This was Tyler’s first camping experience, and he handled it like a champ. And his favorite part of the trip? Roasted marshmallows, or course.”

Yahooooooooooooo! And I had no idea that Tyler went with you on this camping trip. That’s AWESOME! I bet the two of you had a blast!

And hey, great photographs! The view of the area in that second shot is breathtaking -WOW!

Thanks for sharing, buddy!

4. January 14th, 2014 at 07:37 | #4

Well there you are! Nice pics!

Pearl

5. January 14th, 2014 at 07:51 | #5

A chip off the old block! He really does seem like an exceptional kid, my friend.

January 14th, 2014 at 09:00 | #6

I love that picture of Tyler in his lounge chair – he’s an old pro at relaxing already :)

7. January 14th, 2014 at 21:57 | #7

Tyler has good taste. Roasted marshmallows are a must for any camping trip.

Hi. I’m here thanks to your hilarious comment (something about a she-devil and not telling the wife) on Gorilla Banana’s blog.

Anza Borrego is beautiful, but I have a bad memory. A boyfriend took me there in his truck and we got stuck in the mud overnight without a cell phone or food or warmth. As soon as he got me home safely the next night, I dumped him.

8. January 14th, 2014 at 23:51 | #8

I have a feeling he’ll be asking for his own tent in the very near future. Chip off the old block this kid is…

9. January 14th, 2014 at 23:52 | #9

Geezers :

I totally agree. One of my fondest memories is camping with my had in the mountains, finding a small lake, and catching fish after fish from the water (throwing them back, of course)…

10. January 14th, 2014 at 23:53 | #10

Thanks for sharing, buddy!

If you ever find your way out west, Karin and I will gladly take you out for a night of camping and Anza!

11. January 14th, 2014 at 23:54 | #11

Pearl :

Well there you are! Nice pics!

Pearl

Hey, with my legions of fans I find it’s best to keep a low profile ;-) Heh….

12. January 14th, 2014 at 23:55 | #12

You ain’t kidding. Actually, we count ourselves lucky to have such a well-adjusted, outgoing kid. We love him to death!

13. January 14th, 2014 at 23:56 | #13

I feel bad because I missed the perfect shot of him by the campfire with his nabi (like an iPad for kids) all bundled up and enjoying a viewing of Sponge Bob. Ah well, there’s always next time!

14. January 14th, 2014 at 23:57 | #14

Robyn Engel :

Tyler has good taste. Roasted marshmallows are a must for any camping trip.

Hey, that sounds shades similar to the time my brother-in-law and I had to camp out overnight unexpectedly because our car battery died. One of the worst nights ever.

And, on a side note, many thanks for stopping by!