Home > Nature, video > Ice Boulders

Ice Boulders

January 8th, 2014 Leave a comment Go to comments

To those of you on the East Coast this might be old news, but to a Southern California guy like me this scene is both fascinating and a bit frightening. For some reason I can imagine myself slipping into the water and being ground to bits against these icy boulders.

Yeah, you can bet that this scene will somehow seep into my nightmares…

Categories: Nature, video Tags:
  1. January 8th, 2014 at 08:10 | #1

OMG! Even to me, who is living on the east coast, this fascinated and frightened me as well!

Watching this CHILLED me to the bone!

“For some reason I can imagine myself slipping into the water and being ground to bits against these icy boulders.”

Those boulders are HUGE! And it’s freaky to see sand that is frozen!

GREAT clip, buddy! Thanks for sharing!

January 8th, 2014 at 11:48 | #2

I have never seen this before! We live on the east coast of Canada, and our water is either frozen solid (winter), broken into huge ice floes (spring) or open (all other times). This is intriguing! Do you know where it was filmed?

3. January 8th, 2014 at 12:25 | #3

I guess they don’t need to put up a sign saying “Swimming Prohibited in this Area.”

4. January 8th, 2014 at 23:46 | #4

Watching this CHILLED me to the bone!

Those boulders are HUGE! And it’s freaky to see sand that is frozen!

GREAT clip, buddy! Thanks for sharing!

Damn nature, you scary! ;-)

5. January 8th, 2014 at 23:48 | #5

The creepy image of these balls of ice just waiting to smush the life out of any unwitting visitor sent a shiver up my spine. I wish I had more information on this video for ya, if for nothing else than to warn you to steer clear! Heh…

6. January 8th, 2014 at 23:49 | #6

David Oliver :

I would think that any normal, sane individual could figure that out for themselves, but these days nothing would really surprise me. *Sigh*

7. January 9th, 2014 at 16:44 | #7

It looks like some kind of forbidding, frozen, godawful cereal, like Gross-O’s or something.

8. January 10th, 2014 at 13:58 | #8

Living in Southern California makes ice at the beach eerie enough, but round ice boulders? Yes, they are intriguing and they ARE a little bit unnerving.