Home > Art, food > Sandwich Art

Sandwich Art

January 7th, 2014 Leave a comment Go to comments

File this under “cool”: For over five years David LaFerriere has been including works of art in his children’s lunchboxes. It’s touching to see what some parents do out of love for their children.

Here are just a few examples of David’s work. Check out David’s photostream where he’s kept a record of every drawing he’s done for his kids. It’ll be worth a few minutes of your time, and I’m sure you’ll find at least a few that bring a smile to your face:

narwhal

Pie

rabbit

RedMonster

snow

windup

Categories: Art, food Tags:
  1. January 7th, 2014 at 02:12 | #1

What a lovely idea. Not only talented but a thoughtful Dad too. I’ll go take a look at the link to this man’s other work.

2. January 7th, 2014 at 04:53 | #2

You are right. Some brought a smile to my face but all impressed me. He’s a creative guy. Good that he’s using his talent to brighten his kid’s days.

3. January 7th, 2014 at 07:17 | #3

LOL. Coolest thing I’ve seen in a long time.

Good ol’ dad. :-)

Pearl

4. January 7th, 2014 at 08:33 | #4

is that a narwhal?!?

January 7th, 2014 at 10:36 | #5

Isn’t this amazing? The man is talented!

6. January 7th, 2014 at 13:11 | #6

OH MY GOD…this is sooooooooooooo CUTE!!!!!

And yes, I did check out his photostream and it was SUPER. LOVED the one he did of the little squirrel!

“It’s touching to see what some parents do out of love for their children.”

You said it, buddy!

Great post! This totally made me smile :)

7. January 7th, 2014 at 23:43 | #7

He’s made me want to brush up on my artistic skills. Can’t have Tyler go to school without something cool to look forward to for lunch!

8. January 7th, 2014 at 23:45 | #8

David Oliver :

Hey, it’s all about the kids. Anything to brighten up their day. I now need to thinking about what I’d like to do to surprise Tyler at lunch time!

9. January 7th, 2014 at 23:46 | #9

Pearl :

LOL. Coolest thing I’ve seen in a long time.

Good ol’ dad. :-)

Pearl

Here’s hoping that my son will thinking about “good ‘ole day” someday. Now, I just need to find the right hook to make his smile when he’s at school…

10. January 7th, 2014 at 23:46 | #10

is that a narwhal?!?

It is, my friend. When does the narwhal bacon? At midnight.

11. January 7th, 2014 at 23:47 | #11

Isn’t this amazing? The man is talented!

It’s nice to see the perfect mesh of talent and fatherly love. :-)

12. January 7th, 2014 at 23:47 | #12

OH MY GOD…this is sooooooooooooo CUTE!!!!!

“It’s touching to see what some parents do out of love for their children.”

You said it, buddy!

Great post! This totally made me smile :)

Nice! Glad to have brought a smile to your face. I can only imagine the joy his children feel at lunch every day!